ketvirtadienis, vasario 22, 2007

Motifs

Uh-oh, I was reading around Design*Sponge and there was a post that the Owl motif is being used more commonly nowadays. I lost the link and cannot find it again anymore :< But I thought up some more common motifs in design/art:

Bunnies
This is probably the most loved and popular creature EVERYWHERE. Everyone likes a bunny, because bunnies are cute and they're sweet and you can make them evil, which adds even more to the cuteness. There's a bunny for every taste, for every style and for everything. Look, Miff is a bunny too! And bunnies sometimes tend to be suicidal (Bunny Suicides).

Cats
I don't know who wins the dogs vs cats battle among pet-keepers, but in art, cats do. They are either more visually torelable, or there are more cat-loving artists than not. Thom May used to say that one day he;s going to get a cat. I wonder if he did, it was a while ago now. I think cats are funny, I love them.

Girls
That's just because most of the artists/designers are male :< But hey, when you've got such artists like SerZhant, who gives a damn? Also, the fashion world is ruled by girls, yep.

Flowers
Floral patterns and photographs of flowers are everywhere. I don't mind at all. I mean, just look at the things Colorfilter does!

Birds
Notice how Julie West draws a birdie here and there in a lot of her illustrations. There are some owls too!

Monkeys
I hate these things in real life, but I just love them when they're drawn. Meomi's got a cute monkey character
as well as other cute animal things. Also, a DJ Monkey is another common thing among the artists.

Music
Everything music-related seems to look better. People with headphones, mixtapes, records, musical notes, DJ sets and even little animals listening and/or making music. Gabriele Magurno has some of the said elements and a girl in his layout. See? Popular.

Arrows, cicrles, hearts
Those are the main building blocks of vector art, it seems. Look, I did a vector search on Deviant Art.

Hmm, I've got lazy from here. What have you noticed, um? Do tell.

Komentarų nėra: